The Town Clerk provides the professional link between the citizens, the local governing bodies, and agencies of government at other levels. We serve as the information center on functions of local government and community by providing neutrality and impartiality, rendering equal service to all.
A record of all meetings of Council as well as all approved ordinances and resolutions and reports presented to Council for consideration are kept and maintained by the Town Clerk. All of these records are public records and open to inspection.
Several key functions are provided that are vital to local government and the citizens of the Town, including:
- Prepare Board Agendas
- Prepare Minutes
- Provide Notice of Board Meeting
- Coordinate Events and Daily Activities for Town Council Members
- Maintain Official Records of the Town (Agendas, Contracts, Minutes, Ordinances, and Resolutions)
- Prepare Official Correspondence, Letters, Proclamations and Resolutions
- Maintain Boards and Commission Records
- Providing Notary Public Services
- Custodian of the Town Seal
Boards & Commissions
The Town Clerk is responsible for receiving applications for Council consideration for appointments to town boards and commissions. Position vacancies are advertised through local newspapers and on the town’s website.
Applicants for vacancies may obtain application forms and further information by calling the Town Clerk (540) 347-1101.
Learn more about applying for board, committee, or commission positions.