Tenants / Renters
Open a New Service Account for Tenants (Renters)
To submit your information to request a new service you can download and print the New Tenant Service Request Form (PDF) or call (540)-347-2678 during business hours, however, those requests will NOT be processed until the homeowner authorization form or a copy of a current lease has been received.
In addition to providing their information to request an account, tenants are also required to submit either a copy of a current signed lease agreement or a Homeowner Authorization Form (PDF).
An account setup fee of $25.00 and a security deposit of $150.00 must be paid within 10 days after the service start date. Your security deposit will never appear on your water bill. Failure to pay the security deposit within 10 days will result in termination of service.
You will be asked to provide the following information
- Service address
- Name(s) to appear on your account
- Your social security number(s)
- Your telephone number(s).
- Your email address
- Your mailing address (if different from the service address)
- The date service should begin - please note that we do not schedule service requests on weekends or holidays
- Owner Information (Owner name and mailing address - the owner's mailing address must be different from the service address)
In addition, one of the following documents must be submitted before your request will be processed
- A copy of a current signed lease
- The Homeowner Authorization Form (PDF), filled out and signed by the homeowner/landlord.
Processing of new account requests will take 1 to 2 business days after all information has been received.
Please be aware that our ability to turn on service is based on you satisfying all of the requirements, as they apply to you. If you do not, it will result in a delay in processing your request.
To remit the forms:
- Scan and email to our offices
- Fax to (540) 349-2414
- Bring or mail to our office at:
21 Main Street
Warrenton, VA 20186
If delivering in person, our office hours are 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM, Monday through Friday. You may also use our night depository dropbox if it is after hours.