The Town has a weekly curbside recycling program. All recycling should be set out curbside by 6 AM each Wednesday morning.
Please place your recyclables in the town-issued, 18-gallon blue bin.
- Plastics labeled with a #1 or a #2
- Aerosol Cans
- Plastic Bags
- Cereal Boxes, soda boxes, cake boxes, etc.
- Remove all lids and tops and put them in the garbage
- Rinse all containers to reduce odors and attraction to insects and rodents
- Crush all items whenever possible
Cardboard Program (Corrugated Cardboard Only)
You must be on the weekly list for corrugated cardboard pick-up. Contact Public Works at (540) 347-1858 to get on the list any time before the day of collection (Wednesdays). If you need a pick-up every week, you may request placement on the permanent list.
- Remove all packing materials including newspaper, Styrofoam, peanuts and shredded paper, wood pieces, etc.
- Break down as many boxes as possible and put them into one larger empty box.
Newspaper Program (Newspaper, Magazines and Phone Books)
Tie in bundles with string, or place in paper bags. Do not place in blue bins.
Drop Off Items
There is a 24-hour drop-off container located at the back side of the Public Works Facility, located at 360 Falmouth Street for mixed office paper.
- Computer paper
- Paper envelopes
- Sticky notes
- Colored paper, fax paper, blueprints
- Junk mail - not shiny or containing wax type covers or pages
- Office paper - white paper, stationery, plain bond, tablet sheets, etc.
- Shredded paper
Please do not place any items that are not included on this list in Public Work's container.
If you are a new Town resident and don't have a bin, you need your bin replaced, or have any questions, please contact Public Works at (540) 347-1858.