Public Copies are available:
- Incident Reports
- Accident Reports
Also available to the Public:
- Individual Local Records Check (no charge), with proper identification
- Fingerprinting by appointment only
Other information available:
- Lost, Found, Stolen, or Recovered Property
- Taxicab licenses
- Solicitations Permits
To All Applicants for Cab Driver's Permits
Article III of the Code of the Town of Warrenton has provided for a process to determine fitness for operating a vehicle for hire in the municipality. The information attached to this letter will assist you in making an application for a cab driver's permit to operate a motor vehicle for hire. It consists of:
- Application - All questions must be answered completely and truthfully. Questions numbered 6 through 11, 21, and 27 through 30 are optional. This form must be notarized.
- Authorization for Release of Personal Information - Sign and have notarized. (A Notary is available at the police department.)
- SP-167 Criminal History Record Request - Mail to address on the form with $15 fee as required in the instructions. This form must also be notarized. If you deliver the form in person to the Virginia State Police, the receptionist can notarize it. It will take approximately three weeks for this to be processed and returned.
- Two recent unmounted photos of the applicant, no larger than 2 by 2 inches.
- A set of fingerprints that can be done at Warrenton Police Department are required by Town Code section 16-67.
- A written certification by a licensed physician of the applicant's physical fitness for operating a motor vehicle for hire.
- There is a $15 processing fee for this application.
When your driving record has been approved, a temporary permit may be issued. It will expire 2 months from the date of issue. When all the other requirements have been met, a permanent permit will be issued that will expire on May 31 of the following year.