• Banner

Applications & Permits

Planning & Community Development

Planning & Community Development

Request email notification when page changes E-Notify

WalkIns Welcome1.2

Printable Downloadable Form List

The following forms can be downloaded to your computer and printed. Many of these require signatures and plans, and cannot be submitted online.

get adobe reader

Affidavit of Representation - Persons making applications on behalf of property owners must submit this affidavit affirming the applicant’s authority to represent the property owner.

Building Permit Application - View and/or print an application for a Town of Warrenton Building Permit.

Zoning Permit Application - This permit is intended to verify the present zoning classification of the subject property in order to establish the uses allowed by right, or through the issuance of a Special Use Permit (SUP), or the location of the property within a special overlay district such as the Historic District. This permit must also be acquired for business licenses, pools, sheds, and other accessory structures. For Mobile Food Vendor business licenses, please see the Mobile Food Vendor Brochure for more information on the application process. 

Home Occupation Addendum - Persons applying for a zoning permit to operate a home based business must fill out and attach this addendum to their zoning permit application.

Sign Permit Application - A sign permit shall be obtained from the Planning Department before any sign is erected, structurally altered, rehung,  relocated, or replaced.  A sign permit for refacing a sign shall only be required if the sign is non-conforming.  A Certificate of Appropriateness from the Architectural Review Board will be necessary before sign permits can be issued within the Historic District.  Sign permits shall expire six (6) months after date of issuance unless the permitted sign has been  erected as specified by the permit.  Expiration of the sign permit shall require reapplication, including repayment of required sign permit fees, under the sign regulations in effect at that time. Each application for a sign permit shall be accompanied with plans and specifications showing the location, dimensions, materials, height of all letters and figures, and details of construction along with the fee in accordance with the Fee Schedule as set forth by Town Council by resolution.

Certificate of Appropriateness (COA) - A Certificate of Appropriateness shall be obtained before exterior alterations of property within the Warrenton Historic District. See Zoning Ordinance Article 3 Section 3-5.3 for a description of the regulations concerning the Warrenton Historic District. The application deadline is the first of the month or the business day immediately following. EFFECTIVE 1/31/17 ALL Applications for COA will be charged $50 COA Administrative Review Fee. Click here for more information regarding the COA and the review process.    

Land Development Application - The purpose of this application is to accompany all land development proposals (site development plan, preliminary/final plat, special use permits, amendments, rezoning, etc) in order to set out the required procedures for land development projects and improvements to assure compliance with the Zoning Ordinance and all other applicable ordinances and statutes. This application must accompany all submittals to the Planning Department. Submit Land Use Application Affidavit to certify Applicant's Representative has been granted authoriztion to make an application and acto on behalf of a property owner. Special Use Permit Application Submission Checklist per Zoning Ordinance Article 11-3.10. Zoning Map Amendments Application Checklist per Zoning Ordinance Article 11-3.9.

Land Disturbance Permit Application - No person may engage in any land disturbing activity, until such person has submitted to the Planning Director, and has been reviewed and approved by the Town, an erosion and sediment control plan for such land disturbing activity and necessary bond has been posted and permit issued. See Article 5-4 of the Zoning Ordinance for exceptions. An Agreement in Lieu of an erosion and sediment control plan may be submitted for construction of a single-family dwelling. 

Municipal Water Permit Application Fill out the following form to acquire permission to connect to a municipal water.

If you have any questions regarding these documents, please call the Planning and Zoning Department at 540-347-2405 or Planning@warrentonva.gov

Swim, Run, Play at the WARF!

The Warrenton Aquatic and Recreation Facility (WARF), Warrenton's Premiere Aquatics Facility teaches over 2,000 children to swim a year, offers group and private swim lessons; over 50 group land and water fitness classes a week, specialty fitness classes, personal training and much more!

Click here to learn more...